It is important that you maintain and handle your hearing aids with care. Proper handling is important: firstly, to maintain proper functioning of the hearing aids and secondly, to ensure high hygiene standards. Proper daily cleaning and regular service will increase the longevity of your hearing aids and ensure that they perform optimally.
• When handling your hearing aids, keep them over a soft surface to avoid damage if you accidentally drop them.
• Keep your hearing aids clean. Wipe them regularly with a dry cloth or tissue.
• Remove earwax as this may cause temporary malfunction or a complete breakdown. Earwax also collects dirt.
• Avoid getting your hearing aids wet (i.e. wearing them in the shower or in heavy rain). If your hearing aids have been exposed to moisture or very humid conditions, it is recommended to place them (after removal of batteries) in a dry storage kit to remove any moisture which may be inside them.
• Never attempt to dry your hearing aids with a hair dryer, in the microwave oven, or with other devices that are not made for this specific purpose.
• Chemicals in cosmetics such as aftershave lotion, hairspray, oil, perfume, and even mosquito repellent can have detrimental effects on your hearing aids. You should always remove your hearing aids before applying such products and allow time for the product to dry before wearing your hearing aids.
• Your hearing aids should never be exposed to extreme heat. Do not leave them in the glove box of your car. When not wearing your hearing aids, keep them in their presentation case to protect them from damage.